8.01.2008

Building...and building

Plans and testing for the project continue. The studio is about a 100 degrees, and with the computer and lights - its a wonder that Tunde and I haven't melted! At least the screens for printing dry really fast though, it's the small things that keep me going.

I should have kept track of the hours that it takes to create a show. I will say that I'm excited by the tack that my practice is taking. Til now, I would say that most of my large scale installation work has been inspired by historical research in libraries. This is the first time that I am using my own life as the visual inspiration - I'm pulling from the 1970s when I grew up. In fact, during a recent trip to purchase fabric to make the curtains for the photobooth, I found this orange corduroy that I'm positive was the same fabric from pants that I had in kindergarten.

So, my artistic practice has made another leap forward, interesting.

No comments: