8.23.2008

Dog days of summer


The pace of the city feels so different this weekend. People are walking slower, this late August drifting pace. I almost succumbed to it today. This pigeon flew across this alley street while I was packing up the car to head to the gallery.

Last night went a bit too late - I finally got home at 2 am after prepping screens and testing emulsion on a larger exposure unit at Space 1026. Final count, I cleaned 9 screens, dehazed 5 (using caustic chemicals) coated and burned images into 6. My fingers are dried out today from bathing in water and chemicals yesterday.

Bill McRight and I drove up to Bucks County, he was kind enough to pitch in and help me print today. These wall pieces take at least 2 people to print...Tunde and I printed 6 small screens the other day, and Bill and I printed 4 large ones today. Tunde left to go back to school today, I hope she has a fabulous semester, she is really excited about installation art after working on this project all summer.



No comments: